Charter Direct Forum: We're Here to help! The purpose of the Charter Direct Forum is for us to provide support to Charter customers through the forum here at DSL Reports. We understand the importance of maintaining a strong community and will only respond on the public forum if we see misinformation or confusion on specific topics.
For anyone that has questions or is experiencing issues, we are happy to assist you in our Charter Direct Forum.This forum is only viewable by certain Charter Employees that are either part of the Social Media group or individuals that support our department directly. We are able to assist in every aspect of our service such as Billing, Repair, and General Inquiries.
When posting in the Charter Direct Forum we would appreciate if you would follow a few simple guidelines:
1. Please do not reply to your own thread until one of us responds as it will no longer be marked Unread for us. Editing the original post is best.
2. Allow up to 24 hours for an initial response. We are a relatively small team and are responsible for multiple communities on the Internet, as a result we can get really busy at times. If you need immediate assistance, please contact 888-438-2427.
3. It is important to stay active in your thread. If we do not receive a response, we will close our ticket and a new thread will need to be created to continue our discussion. We will state in the thread when we are closing our ticket. We recommend checking back at least once a day unless we provide an expected wait time. You can also set an email alert within DSLR to be sent a notification each time a new reply is posted.
4. Please do not attempt to contact via Private Message. We work as a team and PMs may go unanswered for days/weeks, if one of us is off. For this reason we will not respond to Private Messages.
5. When you make a post please be sure to include as much of the following information as possible, as it will help us to be more efficient in resolving your request:
Phone Number on Account:
Best Time To Call:
MAC (if HSI Issue):
Serial #(If Cable Equip Issue):
Additional information about the issue including any speed tests, pings, traceroutes, previous related trouble calls, attempts to resolve through other support channels, when issue started happening etc.:
We appreciate the opportunity to offer assistance here and be a part of this community. If you ever need anything at all, just let us know and well be happy to help! More information on our team can be found here: »www.charter.com/Umatter2Charter
We also recommend checking out the Cable FAQ found here for troubleshooting tips and general information: »Cable Modems and Wiring Issues