Cable & Satellite TV
Connection issue? Information you need before posting. When posting a question about a connection issue, please answer these questions first to the best of your ability and post them in your thread.
1. A description of the problem. (i.e. lost connection, slow speeds, high pings, etc.)
2. Give a description of any home networking setup you may have. (i.e. router make/ model, hubs, adapters, etc.)
3. Modem make, model and firmware version.
4. Signal levels found at »192.168.100.1 if applicable.
5. A speed test from DSLR.
6. A Line Quality test from here. Please copy & post the URL in the red box! This could take a while, so you might run this first.
7. Which operating system you use? Windows 98/98SE/ME/2K/XP, etc.
8. Is the problem constant, intermittent, or does it occur at a specific time of day? If it is an intermittent problem, a 24hr smokeping is recommended.
9. Include any firewall and/or anti-virus software you have installed and what version you have.
Join Team Helix! Help Us Find A Cure! Get the FAQs!