[Updated] [Free] BleachBit 0.9.3 released
posted by andrew on Wed, 07/04/2012
BleachBit 0.9.3 includes important fixes for Google Chrome, Chromium, and Firefox plus a new application icon.
These are the changes since version 0.9.2:
• The new application icon looks betterespecially on a black background
• Google Chrome and Chromium: clean some more SQLite database journals
• Google Chrome and Chromium: clean Favicons on new browser release (instead of giving an error about the database version)
• Google Chrome, Chromium: find more bookmarks to avoid affecting history and favicons related to bookmarks, and avoid the error "KeyError: 'url'"
• Be quiet about "Unsupported special file type" error message (LP#1012930)
• Specific to Linux
- Do not try to launch GUI if X is not available (LP#1004923)
- Be quiet about "[Errno 39] Directory not empty" error message (LP#1012930)
• Specific to Windows
- Support Firefox 13 (which on Windows acted like it was running even when it was closed)
• Update Brazilian Portuguese thanks to Neliton Pereira Jr., Eugênio F, Yann S. Melo.
• Update Catalan thanks to jmontane, VPablo, oriolsbd.
• Update Dutch thanks to rob.
• Update Lietuvių thanks to Algimantas Margevičius.
• Update Slovak thanks to fanox, Eduard Hummel, Roman Horník, Milan Slovák.
• Update Ukrainian thanks to Maxim Nosovets, ma, Maks Lyashuk aka Ma)(imuM.
Want to help translate BleachBit? It's easy.
Installation packages are ready for Microsoft Windows, Ubuntu,
Fedora, Debian, openSUSE, and Mandriva: »bleachbit.sourceforge.net/download
And Andrew, the author, fixed the 2 errors that I was having. He really went out of his way to correct them for me. I am so appreciative!
*ABO for President 2012!
*ABO = Anybody BUT Obama