Rio Rancho, NM
·Time Warner Cable
·AT&T Wireless Br..
IMO, I believe that you are fine. If something was going to happen from the liquid, it would happen right away.
Since it's dry by now, and as long as the keys don't stick, your good to go.
Next time you feel a laugh coming on with a gulp of soda in your mouth, my MO is to do turn my head fast and do it anywhere other than on an one of my electronic toys. Even directly on the wall or floor.
But your MBP seems fine.
PR is back in town
San Francisco, CA
reply to IowaCowboy
Water damage shows up immediately, as it causes electrical shorts between contacts. After things dry, it's back to the pre-spill state, so no harm carries over.
Soda, on the other hand, is chock full of acid and sugars that solidify when the water evaporates. Even when the liquid dries up, this stuff stays behind as a syrup/gunk layer. If it did penetrate the case in enough quantity, you may be at risk for corrosive damage to the main board due to the acid.
That said, typical the corrosion wouldn't be a problem unless you spilled a lot into the computer, and that would have caused other, more immediate problems. From what I can tell from your description, I wouldn't give it a second thought.
I've had little splashes like that on my computers now and then (i'm a pig when I eat) and it's never caused a problem.
I use Linux, OS X, iOS and Windows. Let the OS wars die.