Responsible reporting protocol news /nuz, nyuz/ Show Spelled
[nooz, nyooz] Show IPA
noun ( usually used with a singular verb )
1. a report of a recent event; intelligence; information: His family has had no news of his whereabouts for months.
2. the presentation of a report on recent or new events in a newspaper or other periodical or on radio or television.
3. such reports taken collectively; information reported: There's good news tonight.
ed·i·to·ri·al /ˌɛdɪˈtɔriəl, -ˈtoʊr-/ Show Spelled
[ed-i-tawr-ee-uhl, -tohr-] Show IPA
1. an article in a newspaper or other periodical presenting the opinion of the publisher, editor, or editors.
2. a statement broadcast on radio or television that presents the opinion of the owner, manager, or the like, of the station or channel.
3. something regarded as resembling such an article or statement, as a lengthy, dogmatic utterance.
There *is* a difference, not that you'd know it from reading this.