|Home||Reviews||Tools||Forums||FAQs||Find Service||ISP News||Maps||About|
how-to block ads
If you're disconnected from the server, set up mIRC to reconnect on disconnect.
As you might know, mIRC can associate several servers to one group and has the ability to try sequentially connecting to each server. On a large network this is a very handy feature and we can exploit it for further redundancy in reconnecting.
- Pop up mIRC
- Click Alt-O (Options Menu) and navigate to +CONNECT
- Left click the plus sign next to CONNECT and navigate to -OPTIONS
- Checkmark [x] Reconnect on Disconnect
- Click [RETRY]
- Set up the RETRY screen as follows:
--------------[ Retry Options ]--------------
[x] Enable connect retry
If not connected in: 20 seconds
Retry connections: 999 time(s)
Retry Delay: 1 second . If you see the message about "throttling the server" (ie reconnecting too quickly,) set this field to 20 seconds.
Most importantly checkmark
[x] Try next server in group
- Click OK to save Retry settings
- Click OK again to permanently save mIRC settings.
* Note: Please refer to this message for a screen capture.
This is incredibly useful if you're downloading from a server that checks for your presence in the channel.
If you're not reconnected within a reasonable amount of time (3-5 minutes), you stand a chance of the server terminating the transfer.
Hi - I have been visiting gay.com chat room... all of a sudden, an error message says my irc has been disconnected... I am not a techno - what do I do to reconnect my irc? I tried to read up on irc - all greek to me... even the above means nothing to me... my laptop - How do I 'POP up mIRC" ??? Thanks